Sunday 16 July 2017

Carrie Fisher Honored With Disney Legends Award & Beautiful Tribute Speech From Daughter Billie Lourd

Ever since

In yet another touching moment, Billie wrote an acceptance speech on Carrie’s behalf — which was read by Disney chairman Bob Iger:

“As far back as I can remember, my mom and I have been Disney fanatics. I was so obsessed with Ariel that I wanted to change my name. We went to Disneyland so much that I now realize she might have even loved it more than I did. Becoming part of the Disney family was truly an amazing moment for her. She secretly always wanted to be a Disney princess, so getting to be a Disney princess and a Disney legend would have been her ultimate dream. I wish I could be there to accept this award on her behalf, but unfortunately, I am currently working on American Horror Story. I am beyond grateful to Mr. Iger and everyone at Disney for this incredible honor. Thank you again, and may the force be with you always.”

Just perfect. We’re sure Carrie would’ve loved this tribute.

Other honorees included animators Clyde “Gerry” Geronimi and Manuel Gonzales, Mark Hamill, Walt Disney Imagineer Wayne Jackson, Garry Marshall, comic book artist Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, filmmaker Julie Taymor, and Oprah Winfrey.

You can watch the tribute to Carrie (below).

[Image via Brian To/WENN.]

Read more: http://perezhilton.com/

The post Carrie Fisher Honored With Disney Legends Award & Beautiful Tribute Speech From Daughter Billie Lourd appeared first on MouseVirals.com - Everything Disney.



source http://www.mousevirals.com/carrie-fisher-honored-with-disney-legends-award-beautiful-tribute-speech-from-daughter-billie-lourd/

No comments:

Post a Comment